HI981214 Pool Line Combo tester is a highly accurate, waterproof pH meter that can also measure ORP and temperature. This floating, waterproof combination tester has an easy to read, LCD and an automatic shut-off. All pH readings are automatically temperature compensated (ATC) for variations in temperature.
HI981214 is ideal for checking the pH and disinfection levels of swimming pools, hot tubs, and spas. The accurate reading of pH is critical to ensure that the chlorine is in predominately the hypochlorous acid form instead of the hypochlorite form, which is less effective at killing bacteria. The ideal pH for a pool is between 7.2 and 7.4.
The ORP portion of the meter is used to monitor the disinfection level of the pool to always be sure that there is enough chlorine present to keep bathers safe from bacteria. The ideal ORP reading is +650 mV. At this voltage any bacteria will be inactivated in a short time. It is important to note that if a stabilizer such as cyanuric acid is used that the stabilizer as a reducing agent will mask the oxidation potential of chlorine. ORP should not be used when chlorine is introduced as solid puck since it is likely that it will have stabilizers as well.
Replaceable ORP Electrode Cartridge
The HI981214 tester features an easy to replace pH electrode cartridge with an extendable cloth junction. The extendable cloth junction helps increase electrode life and the replaceable pH cartridge means that this tester does not need to be thrown away when the pH sensor is exhausted. Also, the sturdy, snap-in connector means there are no pins to bend or break!
Platinum ORP Electrode
The ORP probe uses a platinum tip sensor, which is ideal for oxidation reactions such as adding chlorine for disinfection.
3 sensors in a single meter
- pH electrode with extractable junction
- ORP electrode
- Temperature probe for pH temperature compensated measurements
- Designed to float if accidently dropped in sample
- pH range is from -2.00 to 16.00 pH
- ORP range of ±1000 mV
Automatic Temperature Compensation
- All pH readings are compensated for variations in temperature
- Temperature displayed in oC or oF along with pH or ORP reading
- Meter displays a clock tag that will disappear when the reading has achieved stability
- Freezes reading on the display to allow recording of measurement
BEPS (Battery Error Prevention System
- Meter will automatically shut off if there is not enough power to get an accurate measurement
Battery % level at startup
Low Battery Indicator
- When the level is below 5%, the battery symbol on the LCD blinks to indicate a low battery condition.
- Auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 8 minutes of non-use to maximize battery life