The HI9350041 is a waterproof portable T-Type thermocouple thermometer made for the food professional that is required to monitor temperature as part of a hazardous analysis of critical control points (HACCP) plan including in food service, production, packaging, transportation, restaurants or catering. The HI9350041, as a meter, can measure over a wide range of temperatures from -50.0 ℃ (-58.0 ℉) up to 300 ℃ (572 ℉) and offers a very high accuracy of ±0.4 ℃ (±0.7 ℉). The accuracy of the meter is assured with advanced diagnostic features including CAL-Check that checks for abnormal drift of the internal electronics, battery error prevention system (BEPS) that will not allow a reading to be taken when there is not sufficient battery power and probe diagnostics that alert the user when the probe is not connected or has been damaged.
HI9350041 Foodcare thermometer is supplied with the replaceable FC767C1 Ultra-Fast T-Type thermocouple probe that will reach 90% of the final reading within 4 seconds. The tip of FC767C1 is just 1.6 mm (0.06″) in diameter allowing for easy penetrations into solids and semi-solids. The AISI 316 stainless steel body is 95 mm (3.7″) long and is safe for food contact in compliance with Regulation (EC) 1935/2004.
The HI9350041 with the HI767C1 is certified according to EN13485:2001 standard that has strict requirements for accuracy, response time, operating and storage conditions as applied to the measurement of product temperature which are intended for use in transportation, storage and distribution facilities of refrigerated, frozen or deep-frozen food and ice cream.
There are many considerations when designing a thermometer for the food professional. Below are features that we considered to be important and beneficial.
The calibration check (CAL Check) feature of the HI9350041 is an internal diagnostic feature that checks for any drift in the electronics that occurs with all digital thermometers over time. When the meter is turned CAL Check looks to see if the internal calibration is within ±0.3 ℃. If the drift is greater and error (err) message will be displayed. With CAL Check you can be confident that the meter is working properly.
Low Battery Indicator
The included AAA batteries provide 3500 hours of continuous use. When the battery level is below 10%, a warning symbol will blink to indicate low battery condition. When low battery power may affect your results, the meter will shut down to avoid erroneous readings caused by low battery level.
Missing or Damaged Probe Messages
The “NO PROBE” message is displayed on the meter when a thermocouple probe is not attached. If the probe is damaged the message will be displayed along with four blinking dashed lines. For an accurate temperature measurement it is important to know that not only is the meter working properly but that the probe is okay.
Ultra-Fast Response Probe
FC767C1 T-Type thermocouple probe is incredibly fast and will reach 90% of the final reading within 4 seconds.
Small Penetration Tip
The tip of FC767C1 is just 1.6 mm (0.06″) in diameter allowing for easy penetrations into solids and semi-solids.
AISI316 Stainless Steel Body
The AISI 316 stainless steel body is 95 mm (3.7″) long and is safe for food contact in compliance with Regulation (EC) 1935/2004.
Supplied with Instrument Quality Certificate
- HI9350041 with the FC767C1 are calibrated according to an ISO9001 calibration system using standards and reference instruments in which the accuracy is traceable the National Institute of Standards (NIST) in the USA, or to internationally acceptable physical standards. For traceability, the HI9350041 meter is supplied with an instrument quality certificate including measured values along with reference values.
- An enhanced LCD displays the measurement reading in ℃ or ℉, stability indicator, error messages, and low battery indicator.
- An hourglass indicator is displayed on the LCD until a stable reading is obtained. Once a reading stabilizes, the indicator disappears and a reading can be taken.
- The meter can be set to automatically turn off after 8 minutes or 60 minutes to conserve battery life in the event that the meter is left on. The auto-off feature can also be disabled.
Ergonomic, rugged, waterproof (IP65) design
- For additional protection the HI710027 shockproof rubber boot is available as an accessory.