Dissolved Oxygen Controller with Extended Range and Analog Output - HI8410
The HI8410 is a panel mounted dissolved oxygen controller that is used to maintain and monitor the concentration of DO in a wide range of industrial process applications. The HI8410 uses a Galvanic probe that typically requires less maintenance than a Polarographic style making it ideal for long term monitoring.
- Fail Safe Alarm System protects these meters against the pitfalls of process control.
- Low maintenance Galvanic probe.
HI 8410 is a panel-mounted DO controller designed for simplicity of use in a wide range of industrial process applications. Dissolved Oxygen is indicated in mg/L (ppm) or in % of saturation in accordance with the selection switch on the back panel. The temperature can be measured in the range from -5 to 50 °C. The Dissolved Oxygen readings are automatically compensated for the temperature effects on the oxygen solubility and membrane permeability. Moreover, the salinity compensation feature allows the determination of Dissolved Oxygen even in salty waters.
The instruments are designed with a standard DIN panel mount with membrane keypads and large LCD with backlight on the front, and provide a series of auto-diagnostic functions. Probes, power supply, contacts and recorders are connected on the rear panel through screw terminals.
The DO probe is provided with a membrane covering the galvanic sensor and a built-in thermistor for temperature measurement and compensation.
The Oxygen that passes through the membrane causes an electric current flow, from which the oxygen concentration is determined. Other features include: recorder output in 0-20 mA or 4-20 mA configuration; LED indicators which identify whether the controller is in operation mode or setup selection mode; overtime control function; hysteresis setting. The instrument is supplied with a plastic front cover and two mounting brackets. Power cables are not included.
Fail Safe Alarm System
- Hanna’s exclusive Fail Safe Alarm System protects against problems caused by power supply failure or signal interruption, which are typical risks in industrial environments. An alarm condition is indicated by a red LED, located directly on the front panel of the controller.
Automatic Temperature Compensation
- The Dissolved Oxygen readings are automatically compensated for the temperature effects on the oxygen solubility and membrane permeability
- The salinity compensation feature allows the determination of Dissolved Oxygen even in salty waters.
Simple to Use
- The instruments are designed with a standard DIN panel mount with membrane keypads and large LCD with backlight on the front, and provide a series of auto-diagnostic functions.
- To enhance troubleshooting and the ability to record data while monitoring, simply attach a recording device to the instrument’s 4 to 20 mA output contacts, conveniently located on the front panel, to obtain a copy of the results on demand.
- The HI 8410 controllers are designed with built-in diagnostic functions to enable the user to check and troubleshoot the instrument. The checks performed are through the front panel keys and can be used to isolate the cause of malfunction.
|Product Name||Dissolved Oxygen Controller with Extended Range and Analog Output - HI8410|
|Dissolved Oxygen Measurement Type||galvanic|
|Dissolved Oxygen Range||0.0 to 50.0 mg/L (ppm) O₂; 0 to 600 % O|
|Dissolved Oxygen Resolution||0.1 mg/L (ppm) or 1% (O₂)|
|Dissolved Oxygen Accuracy||±1% of reading (O₂)|
|Dissolved Oxygen Calibration||Manual, one point, in saturated air|
|Dissolved Oxygen Temperature Compensation||Automatic, from -5 to 50 °C (23 to 122 °F)|
|Salinity Compensation||0 to 51 g/L (resolution 1 g/L)|
|Dissolved Oxygen Dosing Relay||1, isolated, 2A, max. 240V, resistive load, 1,000,000 strokes|
|Dissolved Oxygen Dosing Set Point||5 to 600 % O2 0.5 to 50.0 mg/L (ppm) O2|
|Dissolved Oxygen Hysteresis Band||0.5 to 2.4 mg/L (ppm) O2|
|Dosing Control||OFF/AUTO/ON with selection switch|
|Alarm Relay Range||1.0 to 5.0 mg/L (ppm) O₂|
|Over Dosing Control||Adjustable, from 5 min to 60 min with knob or Disable by wire strap - on real panel|
|Enclosure||Black anodized aluminum body; front and back with ABS; transparent splash-proof front cover|
|Panel Cutout||141 x 69 mm (5.6 x 2.7'')|
|DO Probe||HI 76410/4 with 4 m cable or HI 76410/10 with 10 m cable|
|Analog Output||0 to 20 mA or 4 to 20 mA (isolated)|
|Power Supply||115 or 230 Vac; ± 10% (user selectable); 60/50 Hz|
|Environment||-10 to 50 °C (14 to 122 °F); RH 95%|
|Weight||1 kg (2.2 lb.)|
|Ordering Information||The HI8410 is supplied with mounting brackets and instructions. Probes (not included)|