Copper Low-Range Portable Photometer with CAL Check – HI97747
HI97747 is an advanced portable photometer for the measurement of copper in water. This meter offers a superior optical system that utilizes a reference detector and narrow band interference filters for extremely fast and repeatable measurements.
- No warm up time before taking a measurement
- Tutorial mode for step-by-step instructions
- CAL Check to verify meter performance
Due to its malleability, thermal and electrical conductivity, and corrosion resistance, copper is used in a variety of industrial and technological applications. Copper may also be present in natural water and effluents due to widespread use to control biological growths in reservoirs and distribution pipes.
The HI97747 uses the bicinchoninate method to measure copper in water with concentrations of up to 1.500 mg/L (ppm). When the reagent is added to samples containing copper, the sample will turn a purple hue; the greater the concentration, the deeper the color. The associated color change is then colorimetrically analyzed according to the Beer-Lambert Law which states that light is absorbed by a complementary color, and the emitted radiation is dependent upon concentration. For lower levels of copper, a narrow band interference filter at 575 nm allows only green-yellow light to be emitted and passed through the sample cuvette. As the change in color of the reacted sample increases, absorbance of the specific wavelength of light also increases, while transmittance decreases.
This innovative optical system offers superior performance in accuracy, repeatability, and required time to perform a measurement. This compact, waterproof meter has a tutorial mode that walks the user graphically, step by step, to perform a measurement. The compact design fits comfortable in the hand for use in the field or on a table for benchtop use.
- LED that generates very little heat.
- 8 nm narrowband interference filter that is accurate to +/- 1 nm.
- Reference detector that modulates the voltage to LED for consistent light output.
- A concave focusing lens that reduces errors from imperfections in the cuvette.
Advanced features including CAL-Check to verify performance and if necessary, recalibrate.
Backlit dot matrix LCD that offers an exceptionally intuitive user interface that is easy to read and understand.
Tutorial mode for step-by-step instructions to guide a first-time user in how to perform a measurement correctly.
Built-in reaction timer that ensures consistency amongst multiple users.
Stable Light Source:
- The internal reference system of the HI97747 photometer compensates for any drifts due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. With a stable source of light the readings are fast and stable between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement.
High Efficiency Light Source:
- LED light sources offer superior performance compared to tungsten lamps. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce little heat, which could otherwise affect electronic stability.
High Quality Filters:
- Improved optical filters ensure greater wavelength accuracy and allow a brighter, stronger signal to be received. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
Greater Light Yield:
A focusing lens collects all of the light that exits the cuvette, eliminating errors from imperfections and scratches that may be present in the glass. The use of the convex lens reduces the need for indexing cuvettes.
CAL Check Functionality:
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check feature allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards. Our CAL Check standard vials are developed to simulate a specific absorbance value at each wavelength to verify the accuracy of subsequent readings.
Large Cuvette Size:
- The sample cell of the HI97747 fits a round, glass cuvette with a 25 mm path length. The relatively long path length of the sample cuvette allows the light to pass through more of the sample solution, ensuring accurate measurements even in low absorbance samples.
Intuitive Dot Matrix Display:
- The HI97747 is designed with a backlit, graphic LCD. With virtual keys, a battery status indicator, and error messages. Users will find the meter interface intuitive and easy to read. A dedicated help key provides information relating to the current meter operation, and can be used at any stage in the setup or measurement process to show contextual help.
- The meter uses three common AA batteries that allow for about 800 measurements to be taken. The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 15 minutes of inactivity in order conserve battery life.
|Product Name||Copper Low-Range Portable Photometer with CAL Check – HI97747|
|Copper Range||0.000 to 1.500 mg/L (as Cu2+)|
|Copper Resolution||0.001 mg/L|
|Copper Accuracy||±0.010 mg/L ±5% of reading at 25°C|
|Copper Method||adaptation of the EPA Method|
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Source||LED with 575 nm bandpass filter|
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector||silicon photocell|
|Bandpass Filter Bandwidth||8 nm|
|Bandpass Filter Wavelength Accuracy||±1.0 nm|
|Cuvette Type||round 24.6 mm diameter (22 mm inside)|
|Display||128 x 64 pixel B/W LCD with backlight|
|Logging Memory||50 readings|
|Battery Type/Life||1.5 V AA Alkaline (3 pcs.) / > 800 measurements (without backlight)|
|Automatic Shut-Off||after 15 minutes of inactivity (30 minutes before a READ measurement)|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); 0 to 100% RH (IP67)|
|Weight||380 g (13.4 oz.)|
|Dimensions||142.5 x 102.5 x 50.5 mm (5.6 x 4.0 x 2.0")|
|Ordering Information||HI97747C is supplied with CAL Check standards, cuvettes (2), caps (2), plastic inserts for cuvette, (2), scissors, cuvette cleaning cloth, 1.5V AA batteries (3), instruction manual, and instrument quality certificate.